Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jury service.

Back in September I received a summons for jury duty.  I quickly wrote a letter asking for a postponement because we had just started homeschooling and I didn't have anyone to help with the girls.  They replied and gave me a new date of May 14th, 2013.  Little did we know that our house would actually sell this time and we would be moving into a new home smack in the middle of trying to wrap up our first year of homeschooling.  We had about 8 days left after closing.  We took off a week to move and then the letter came that my jury service was still May 14th.  I showed up at 9am and by 10:30am, I was listening to opening arguments.  I had been selected.  We finished by lunch the following morning followed by "call the number on the back of your jury ID to see if you need to report tomorrow."  I knew this was an easy, no brainier answer that we would not be needed since we had just heard a case.  There were plenty of other people in the jury pool.  Nope.  After jury selection of 10am to 3pm, I was yet again not chosen to leave.  By 3:30ish, we were listening to opening arguments.  I'm sitting there today thinking...."is this seriously happening again?!"  So all this to say the foyer is almost done!! But progress came to a screeching halt Monday night.  For 2 weeks I'm on call for jury service....a service that should I ever need, I would want to have.  So, I'm doing my duty and hanging in there.  Just a little sad that I can't give a grand picture of my finished foyer :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment