Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Foyer Reveal

I LOVE the foyer.  OK, confession...I'm not 100% done, but I think I'm about 85% done and I can't stand it any longer.  The jury service is not over :-/, but it will be Friday and during the days (weekend mostly) that I don't sit in the courtroom, I'm painting!  The foyer ceiling trim was very time consuming as I was up and down the 10 foot ladder several times, moving the drop cloths, moving the ladder and trying not to spill the paint! AND making sure I didn't fall, but turned out beautifully.  Here's my 3 4 future plans to complete the foyer:
  • paint the front door chocolate brown
  • add an accent chair and houseplant
  • remove/replace the folding doors
  • remove/replace the light fixture!!!

Please give me your feedback on the chocolate brown door and the folding door replacement.  I'm thinking a solid French door that's painted to match the front door.  What do YOU think??



Before:

After:





The accent chair will go to the left and what kind of houseplant is robust for one
who doesn't have a green thumb??

 
Your comments and critique are welcome!  Thanks for any input!
 
P.S.  The Dining Room is next!  I have finished painting it!!!
 
jmh

1 comment: