Monday, June 24, 2013

A shelf and a sneak peek!

Shew.  We took a much needed vacation to Gulf Shores, AL June 8-15th.  We met my sister and her family and my mom and step-father there for the week.  It rained the first 48 hours.  I thought we would all freak out before we saw the sun.  Alas, we had a great trip and got a little tan in the process. 

When we got home, we attacked the house again....full steam ahead.  This post will be Greg's project.  We have a large unfinished basement and we also have a lot of our holiday themed décor in large plastic containers....so he built some shelving for them!  He is very organized.  I'm organized, but when it comes to cleaning out the refrigerator or the pantry....he's the man.  (Really, I just play stupid so he'll do it.)

So, here's the before:


I fuss at him ALL the time for wearing these stupid flip flop things, shower shoes, whatever they are called....on a ladder of all places.  He wears them moving furniture, doing yard work.  You wait, he's going to fall because of them. 


And the after:  It's a good start on getting all of the boxes off the floor, but looks like we'll need a few more sets of these. 
A large portion of the lumber was repurposed.  I think he only had to buy a couple pieces!  The previous owners had built something similar in the very middle of the basement, so he disassembled it and used the larger/stronger pieces in the frame. 
 


 Here's a sneak peek of the master bathroom.  I'm sorry, all I can do is laugh.  I laugh because I just flipping peeled all the wallpaper out of that half bathroom and it was a little harder than I thought it would be.  This paper isn't bad....but there's a LOT of it.  It's also country blue and mauve.  The same colors my mom used when she and Ron built their first house together in 1988.  And it's floral!  The tile.  I can't wait to get a chisel and hammer and go to town on this bathroom.  I anticipate demolition to begin in March of 2014.  In the meantime, if the girls are bored....they get to help peel wallpaper and they love it!  (They are crazy like that.)

 
I hope you have a blessed day.  Any suggestions for color in this Master Bathroom!?  I have an open palate and mind. 
 
Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment