Sunday, June 30, 2013

Girls' bathroom floor: part 2 of 3

The easiest part of the floor was laying the tiles that didn't have to be cut!  I sanded and scraped and sanded some more to make sure the floor was clean and ready for the peel-and-stick tiles we chose.  Why peel-and-stick???  I'm not sure.  I didn't like the ceramic tiles that we had in our last house.  They chipped way too easy.  I wanted something a little more robust in the girl's bathroom, but I'm not crazy about having the real thing (any kind of stone tiles) when they are young.  I just have this fear of them slipping and cracking their head open or breaking an arm.  I think price factored in some and the fact that these look really awesome without being the real thing.  I hope I made the right decision. 

Here's where I left off: 


And here it is about half way finished...I say half way because of the cutting and filling in still left to do.  BUT also the baseboard needs to be added in behind the toilet, the quarter round installed and the toilet put back in. (And again a sideways pic....any suggestions?)


Tile and grout complete and a close up view below that!
 



And here it is DONE!  The quarter round is all new....
So, this tile was really easy.  The grout wasn't bad either.  It could have been done in one day, but I have two constant (sweet) interruptions :-) 


Yeah, the wallpaper is a different phase altogether.  Have you ever read "If you give a mouse a cookie" by Laura Numeroff?  That's me with wallpaper...if there is a little edge, I have to pull it!  I suppose some suggestions for wall color would be good now... 

Part 3 of 3 will be tiling the first section (room 1) of the bathroom.  I'll post when it's complete!

I'm feeling much better....just a cold....and I needed a day off anyway!
Have a great 4th celebration!
Jana




No comments:

Post a Comment