Monday, July 29, 2013

Girls' Bathroom part 3 of 3!

 
I think I should have made the Girl's Bathroom a 4 part series....I'll just title it the "finale" after I peel off the wallpaper and paint.

Ok here's a reminder of what we started with...


We finished the trim work and I'm ready to strip wallpaper and paint! Let me remind you that this is peel and stick tile with grout.  It looks really good, even if I did do it myself! 


This is behind the door...where we removed the folding doors. 
  Greg and I are getting fairly professional at installing quarter round (shoe molding), caulking, spackling, painting, etc., etc.  :-)
We removed the bi-folding doors on this linen closet and they will NOT go back up!  I'll include it in the finale, but I'm considering the following:
  • leaving the closet open!  paint, add in wooden shelves, and use baskets for organization
  • using curtains instead of a door.....I'm not crazy about having a door behind a door (it's behind the door that leads to the first section of the bathroom)
Ideas? Opinions?

Ugh, I just realized the finale may be a while away....we are going to redo their vanities.  :-/ Well maybe the finale will be in 2 parts!  LOL

As some of you know we have just gotten back from my grandmother's funeral.  I will be working on a very special blog post about her.  My hope is that it's inspirational and not a tear jerker because I look like I've been on drugs for at least 3 days since I have cried for 5 days in a row!  She wouldn't want that....she was a funny lady and I'll be sharing some stories with you!

I hope you have a very blessed day. 
jmh









No comments:

Post a Comment