Monday, July 8, 2013

Shhhhhh! DON'T tell Greg.....

...that he just completed his first, very own, Pinterest project!!!  Bwahahahaha!
Since we've bought this house that required a redo of every room (mostly just wall paint)...Pinterest has been my "go to" for various ideas from color to décor.  We have this lovely gold fireplace cover that is the eyesore of the living room.  We spend a lot of time in there and hopefully this fall we can enjoy either the gas logs (or if I have my way by fall....an all natural wood burning fire.)  So, of course on Pinterest I read that you can use the heat resistant Rustoleum spray paint (that's used for outdoor grills, etc) to update the gold fireplace cover!!! When he started talking about what to do about it, I casually mentioned that I've "heard of people spray painting them with the heat resistant paint".  Hook, line and sinker...he bought the paint and did it yesterday!  The history behind that story is that I have used the phrase "well, I saw on Pinterest....blah blah blah...." and he's so over that phrase.  With me, it's just about as common as "whatever". 

Here's the before:




And here's the AFTER! 

Any ideas for what to put above it??  It's a lot of space and goes to the ceiling...mirror?  Large art? 
True story: he got to the point where I had to start saying "you know there's a website I like that had the idea to ---(fill in the blank)"  We were to the point of hanging pictures in the foyer and I said something like..."you know there's a website that I like that says to use toothpaste on the back of the framed picture to show exactly where to put the nail instead of guessing how far down the nail should go from the top of the frame" 

Here's his face when he felt as stupid as the rest of us for reading Pinterest and having light bulb moments:




And then he said....OK you can say Pinterest for another month.

Have a GREAT day!
Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment