Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Hallway!

The hallway is long....very long....what to do with the wallspace!?

Right outside the girls door, I have some inspirational stuff for them to see.  Will they notice it?  I'm not sure.  I think having some positive inspiration here and there in the house is a good thing!
 


On the wall facing our guest bedroom are the beautiful beach pictures that we had made about 3 years ago.  I just can't put them away....I love them.  If you visit the Pensacola Beach area, check out www.raeleytham.com 



And then the wall closest to the foyer is the extended family wall.  I hope to add to this for many years.  There is enough space here for it to get slightly out of hand....but I want our visitors to see our grandparents, parents, sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews.  




Our lovely "Pensacola Beach" piece by Mitzi Presley Holt has a wall to itself.  We are not art collectors by any means, but Greg and I have lived in some beautiful areas in the last 14 years.  We have tried to make sure we buy one piece of framed art to remind us of the locations we've lived in and always keep them hanging up in our home.  We loved our time in Pensacola and made lifetime friends there....it's so hard to believe that we've been gone 8 1/2 years!  



Now for the color.  I know you are wondering if it's the same as the foyer and the answer is....No.  It's not!  Can you believe that?  I wanted it to be lighter and it looks almost the exact same color.  It's on the same color swatch....two shades lighter than the foyer.  Oh well.  I still think the color on the wall makes all the difference in the world.  

What would you do here???  This is the last space in the hallway...you can see it from the kitchen and the foyer.  I don't think we need anymore portraits.  


Have a beautiful day.  
Jana 

2 comments:

  1. Do you have room for a long but skinny table? You could hang a big mirror on the wall behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen that actually....looks very pretty! I'll keep that in mind for sure :-) thank you!

    ReplyDelete